Primary Care Programme
Detoxification is the first part of treatment at TTK. Medications are given to treat withdrawal symptoms as well as other problems that often set in when drug and alcohol use is stopped. Other health problems are also addressed simultaneously. Most patients require about 4-5 days for stabilizing, after which they participate in the psychological therapy programme.
The structured three week psychological therapy programme includes:
- Lectures with participatory activities where information is provided about alcohol and drug use related problems as well as the recovery process.
- Group therapy to reflect over the information presented and relate it to one’s own life situation.
- Counselling sessions to discuss personal issues and develop a recovery plan to refrain from alcohol/drugs and improve quality of life.
- Family therapy programme to help family members understand how they can provide the right kind of support after treatment. One member from each patient’s family is expected to attend the family therapy programme for two weeks.
The Social Support Person programme aims to sensitize extended family members or friends about the kind of support that the patient may need after treatment.
Services at a glance
Free services are a part of the T.T.K Hospital since its inception. No one who comes for treatment is turned away because he cannot afford to pay. He is treated free and the same standard of patient care is offered to paying patients and those treated free of charge.
- Family therapy programme for all families
- Consultation by the Psychiatrist
- Follow-up services for five years after primary and after care treatment for all patients.
- Treatment and follow-up services to all patients in rural camps
- Awareness programme in industries, communities and educational institutions
Helping the family lead a better quality life
Addiction affects not only the addicted individual, but also his family members. The two week family therapy programme is mandatory and helps family members recognize and deal with their emotional pain and work on establishing a healthy lifestyle.
Follow up Sessions
Regular follow-up visits are extremely essential to ensure smooth recovery. Consultation with the doctor and counseling sessions are provided free of cost as part of follow-up for a period of two years. Patients and family members are expected to personally meet or contact the treatment staff over phone or email at least once a month after discharge for a duration of two years.